Kitchen Renovation Tips
Kitchen Renovation Tips
A kitchen is one of the most important areas in a house. It isn’t just a place to cook and whip up meals for family – it is much more than that. Moreover, it accentuates the visual appeal of your home as well. If renovating your kitchen is on your mind or in the near fututre, here are some kitchen renovation ideas to help you out – take a look:
- Cabinets are required in every kitchen, so you should invest in top quality kitchen cabinet materials, instead of cheap particle board versions, in order to avoid many of the premature failures like loose hinges and doors, sagging horizontal supports, peeling laminate, and crumbling base cabinets that plague particle board.
- Opt for granite countertops or a textured laminate. The former doesn’t scratch, melt, or date themselves anywhere nearly as easily or fast as Corian or Quartz countertops. If you don’t want to spend that much, choose textured laminates that are sturdy and last for quite some time.
- Buy mid-grade appliances that contain extra features. No longer do you need to spend a fortune on a fridge to get the luxury features you want; for less than half the price you can now get a quality mid-grade comparable and keep your kitchen remodeling budget intact. You will likely find the best pricing on these appliances at home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes.
- Allocate a portion of your budget for soft close doors and quality soft-close under-mount drawer slides. Not only do they increase the lifespan of the hinges, but also the doors and drawers of the entire kitchen. These soft closers prevent the high-impact wear that results in sagging doors, rubbing and separation of drawer fronts, and loose screws. The soft-closing technology works wonders when it comes to extending capabilities of your drawers – you can now store delicate items in base drawers without worrying about them being broken.
- If you are giving your kitchen a total facelift, please ensure it blends in well with the theme of your home. Your kitchen space doesn't have to completely assimilate to the style of the rest of the house, but it shouldn’t stand out like an odd entity.
It is advisable to hire a professional designer and a general contractor who specialize in renovating kitchens. They will have a plethora of ideas on how to go about the task, ensure you get true value for money, and complete the project within your predetermined timeline. This extra cost of hiring an expert will be well worth it in the end, especially when you realize that you finally have the kitchen of your dreams!
If you are in the North Eastern/Central part of Florida, we offer General Contracting services through our sister company, Select Professional Builders!